Prepping Your Home For The Warmer Months
Only 110 days left until summer! While June 21 might seem like light years away, it’ll be here before you know it — hello, picnic weather! But before you fire up the grill and bring out the lawn chairs, make sure your home is ready for the season ahead. Prepare your home by following these simple tips.
- Cleaning your fridge is key! You want to keep the drinks ice cold, right? Unplug your fridge and remove the top grate or base plate. Your owners manual will help you locate the coils. Using a towel or vacuum, remove any dirt and lint that may restrict airflow.
- Fluff up the house! If you have guest rooms that haven’t been used lately, open the windows and closets, allowing air to circulate. Toss duvets and pillowcases in the dryer with fabric softener sheets. Using the air dry setting to bring back fresh scents makes all the difference in comfort!
- Clean the garage. Once the warmer days hit, the last thing you’ll want to do is spend hours navigating a messy garage for a lawn chair and your grill’s spatula.
- Stock up on the citronella. Once warmer weather is in full swing, so are pesky insects. Keep bug spray handy, and check under your deck and around your home for underbrush buildup.
- Rinse off that patio furniture! Now is a great time to clean your outdoor fabrics in order to prep them for the first warm days. This will allow you to jump right outside and take advantage of those rays!
As soon as your home is all set, it’s time to head outside and enjoy the season. By being proactive and beginning your maintenance early, a carefree summer of grilled food and cold drinks is almost guaranteed!
Ambrosio Landscape Solutions is dedicated to completely changing the appearance of your abode. From simple irrigation to complex hardscape construction, we have the tools to make your visions a reality. Request more information here or like us on Facebook!