How to Start Preparing Your Lawn in Early Spring
It’s time to start thinking about getting your lawn ready for the spring and summer months! These tips can help make sure that your lawn is beautiful and ready for your outdoor parties and bbqs.
Early Spring Lawn Care Tips:
- Look for Bare Spots – It has been a particularly cold and snowy winter. The first thing you should do when tackling your lawn is look for winter damage, bare spots and wash-outs.
- Dethatching – Dethatch existing turf, if necessary. If you leave behind thatch debris, it will kill any turf beneath it as it decomposes. It will also help lawn treatments reach the root system easier.
- Turn on Your Sprinklers – Spring is the season for turning on your sprinkler system. This will help make sure that your grass grows evenly from the beginning of the season, all the way through. It also helps keep any newly planted seeds watered.
- Evaluate Repair Spots – Be patient and keep an eye on parts of the lawn that may need to be repaired.
- Plant Grass Seed – Most grass seed should be placed between the window of mid-April to mid-June. Grass seed needs 50 degree temperatures and consistent soil temperatures in order to germinate.
Check out this Angies List article for more tips on how to prepare your lawn this spring. You can also contact our office for more information on how we can help care for your property so that you don’t have to! Call 203-762-5167 or visit our website to learn more about our property maintenance and landscaping design solutions. Don’t forget to follow us on our social media pages for more landscaping tips and tricks!
LIKE us on Facebook
FOLLOW us on Twitter
ADD us to your circles on Google+